I created the Greeting Girls Balloon Shaker cards for a class I taught for my friend Ashley from Design With Ashley. CTMH featured the stamp set D2124 Greeting Girls in the Core Catalog 2022-23, in a similar card design. I have been meaning to play with it for some time now. The lovely Dream Maker papers and the call for the shaker created the perfect opportunity. It was great fun and I was able to share some fun crafting time.
- Dream Maker Paper Collection: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/ctmh/promotions/2305-dream-maker.aspx
- D2124 Greeting Girl Stamp Set: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=17054
- z4620 small circle die cut shaker window: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=17138
- Z4618 Round Balloon Thin Cut dies: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/search.aspx?searchvalue=z4618
- Z4569 Small Shaker Window Foam and Acetate: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/search.aspx?searchvalue=z4618
- Sequins or Confetti to fill the shaker: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/search.aspx?searchvalue=sequins
- Z4189 Intense Black Ink: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=11335&ci=11952
- Spectrum Noir Markers: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=237
- Black Core Cardstock: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=15538
- White Daisy Cardstock: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=382
- Adhesive: Your favorite
- 3D Foam Tape: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=12271
- Standard crafting tools:
- All Purpose Craft Mat: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=8035
- Die cut machine (CTMH’s, Cuttlebug, Vagabond, Big Shot, Switch, Gemini): https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=15720
- stamp shammy for cleaning stamps: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=12768
- scratch paper
- 3D Foam Tape (regular and thin): https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/search.aspx?searchvalue=3d+foam
- piercing tool (I love mine from April’s Crafty Cottage – www.facebook.com/groups/aprilscraftycottage/ )
- Tape runner adhesive: https://lindacreates.closetomyheart.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=15579
Here are some pictures of the cards:
- Cut a black core base, 8.5”x11”. Cut in half at the 5.5” mark. Score at the 4.25” mark. Fold in half. This is your card base.
- Cut a white daisy 4”x 5.25” – inside of card panel (Piece A)
- Cut pattern paper 4”x 5.25”- for front of card. (Piece B)
- Cut 2nd pattern paper – different from 1st cut – 3.5” x 4.75” (piece C)
- Choose paper for one balloon and die cut. I do suggest cutting a few extras with scrap paper to help determine placement.
- Using the plain circle from the Small Circle Shaker Window thin cut dies, cut a circle out of White Daisy Cardstock.
- Stamp your girl. Color and cut out leave a 1/8” x ¼” white border.
- Stamp the same girl on a piece of sticky note. Cut this girl out right along the outline of the stamped image.
- Adhere Piece C to Piece B.
- Figure out placement of the balloon shaker – right side of the card. I did this by putting my girl on the paper, lightly tacking down. Then putting the mask over her so I could stamp the balloon string. I had cut extra balloon out forms. This will help you determine where to stamp the string.
- Once you know where you want the balloon shaker to be, use washi or light tack masking tape to tape down the balloon die cut and cut it out.
- Adhere your stamped girl to Piece B in the bottom left corner. See picture.
- Take the white circle and the card base. Figure out where the white circle needs to be placed so it doesn’t show up except through the balloon shaker window.
- Stamp “Congrats” on the white circle. If you keep the top of the card (with the balloon cut out and girl on it), you can stamp the sentiment through the balloon.
- Take the top of the card (w/the girl) and turn it over. Open up the Small Shaker window foam and acetate. Take out one foam piece and one acetate piece.
- W/the acetate piece, determine which side has the film on it. Duller shine. Use a piercing tool to sort of pick the edge up so you can tell. Adhere the shiny side/non-film side over the balloon cut to create the window. Remove the film.
- W/the foam piece, remove the circle piece of the foam and place it over the top of the acetate. Your shaker window is now created.
- Use the rest of the foam tape from the inside of the circle on the back of the card front so it will be lifted up.
- Put a small scoop of the sequins on top of the white circle with “Congrats” stamped on it.
- Remove the backing off all the foam tape and turn over the front. Carefully link up the front to go over the top of the of the card base. Make sure to have ¼” border around the front and that you can see the “congrats” through the window.
- You have just created your own shaker card!
- Using thin 3D foam tape, add the 2nd balloon you die cut to the left of the shaker balloon.
- Add the bows from the balloon thin cut dies to the balloons. I used Liquid Glass.
- Add any embellishments or doodling you’d like to do.
Hope you enjoyed these cute cards. If you have the Greeting Girls stamp set or something similar, I’d love to see what you create.
Leave a Reply