Lunch Bunch December 28, 2021 @ 1pm ET. Take a break. Come and create. Grab what you have on hand to craft a few minutes with me. Join me on my Facebook Page, Linda Creates with Close To My Heart. It is exceptionally good for your mental health.
These three cards were inspired by a fellow Maker, Dana Terry. She did a lovely job and great tutorial. You can click her name and follow her too. I recreated the same designs using different stamps/colors. Then played with vellum because I was curious about that. It works better with larger image stamps and on the Pewter pieces. I’ll revisit vellum another day. Here are the cards:
Supplies for Lunch Bunch Projects:
- See attached Design.
- 3 – Standard card bases.
- 3 – 5.5” by 4.25” colored cardstock (C/S) that coordinates w/your cards. I used Sangria. Other options would be Grape or Harbor. Use lighter side. *
- 3 – 5.25” x 4” Pewter or similar c/s – Use lighter side of the c/s. You will be embossing your stamped images in white, on these pieces.
- 1 – 5.25 by 4” White Daisy C/S. This piece will be cut on the corners w/the think cut dies – Fancy Borders (on sale).
- 1 – 2.5” x 2.5” – B&T (Background and Textured) aka Pattern paper that coordinate for a corner panel.
- 1 – 2.5“x 2.0“– Pewter or matching c/s for corner. Use darker side. Stamp random pattern.
- 1 – 2.5” x 2” – matching the base of the card, in my case, Sangria. Random stamp and trim to be the corner. Use darker side.
- 1 – White Daisy sheet for stamping images and die cutting or fussy cutting out.
- *Please note these are suggestions. Allow your creativity to take over!
Stamp Set(s): Pick a floral set. I used the flowers from D2033 Lake Life and a new set from G1248 Sawyer Cardmaking Workshop, available Jan 1, 2022, for the butterflies, background, and sentiments
Thin Cuts: Z3682 Fancy Borders (on sale today) – Boxing Week Daily Sales
Paper Collection: As You Grow (Core) which is current.
Ink Pads: Intense Black/Memento (for alcohol marker coloring) or Archival Black, and matching ink pads for your stamps/paper.
Coloring/Mixed Media Supplies: Your choice. I am using watercolor pencils or Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers along with ink pads, reinkers, watercolor brushes, sponges, and Shimmer Brush – clear and gold. White (Z5010) and Gilt (Z5009) Gloss Sprays. Small spray bottle filled with water. Craft/All Purpose Mat. Saran wrap or plastic bags. Wet wipes/paper towels for cleanup.
Embossing Supplies: Versamark Pad, Heat Tool, and white embossing powder (both from CTMH)
Embellishments: Prisma Glitter, Stickles, ribbon, sequins, bitty gems, etc – use your stash up.
Here is the Facebook Live:
I loved trying out these cards and now they turned out. Thanks for stopping by to check out the “Hello Friend” card. Be sure to join us for Lunch Bunch on Tuesdays and Fridays!!
Leave a Reply