I love to use scraps. Inspiration for this page struck when I saw a layout done by another Maker, Melissa, from the CTMH Maker FB Group. In my initial page here, I used some scraps of paper from my friend Susan Maxwell (Stampin’Up). We’ll be making another variation this page for Lunch Bunch, using CTMH Wonderland Papers.
We are going to do some mixed media to create a background, use some scraps, and create a Christmas Tree scrapbook page. Here’s some samples of the mixed media background:
Supplies for Lunch Bunch Projects:
• See attached above designs.
• 1 – 12” x 12” colored cardstock (C/S) that coordinates
• 1 – 11.5” x11.5” Daisy White or French Vanilla C/S
• 18 -21 – 6” x 1” – C/S or B&T (Background and Textured) aka Pattern paper that coordinate.
• 1 – 4.5” x 6.5” – Black C/S mat for 4×6 picture – you can change the color to coordinate w/ your colors/paper.
• 1 – 2.75” x 4.25” – Black C/S to mat sentiment. You may have to adjust the measurements to match your sentiment.
• 1 – 2.5” x 4” – White Daisy or French Vanilla to stamp sentiment on. You may have to adjust the measurements to match your sentiment.
• 1 – White Daisy sheet for stamping images and die cutting or fussy cutting out.
• Paper Collection: Wonderland is current. Rest of them are from retired papers/other papers in my scrap bucket.
• Ink Pads – Intense Black/Memento (for alcohol marker coloring) or Archival Black, and matching ink pads for your stamps/paper. You’ll need 3-6 ink pads or reinkers that work with the paper you are working with to create the background.
• Coloring/Mixed Media supplies – your choice. I am using watercolor pencils or Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers along with ink pads, reinkers, watercolor brushes, sponges, and Shimmer Brush – clear and gold. White (Z5010) and Gilt (Z5009) Gloss Sprays. Small spray bottle filled with water. Craft/All Purpose Mat. Saran wrap or plastic bags. Wet wipes/paper towels for cleanup.
• Embellishments (Prisma Glitter, ribbon, sequins, bitty gems, etc – use your stash up).
• Basic Supplies (12” paper trimmer, adhesive, glue dots, 3D Foam Tape, scissors, lifting tool, piercing tool, Versa Mat)
Here is the “Let Me Show You How” FB Live Video:
More detailed step-by-step directions are located in my Linda Creates Crafty Friend’s Group in Facebook.
Here are some other images of different pages made:
My friend Michele R joined my live and created these amazing cards!
She put Christmas trees on cards. Instead of distressing the paper edges with scissors, she tore the paper. I love how we can create and inspire others to create. It’s quite lovely!