Alas in the chaos of today, the CTMH Incentive trip to Tahiti, has been canceled. While I’m sad on one hand, I’m relieved on the other hand. While I am dreaming of beautiful sunsets and beaches of the South Pacific, I worried about airport testing/quarantines and being so far away from my family in a time of chaos.
I created the Tahiti Sunset layout as part of the Incentive Group challenge to create different layouts to help get the album done ahead of time! I wanted to create the look of a sunset with the papers. I started off with using two sheets of Sapphire as my base. Then I:
- Cut several strips of paper (Toffee, Lagoon, Lemonade, Ballerina, Smoothie, and Nectarine) into either 3″ strips or 2″ (all strips are 12″ long).
- After this, I looked at whether or not I wanted the white core to show and tore accordingly.
- I put the Lagoon piece down first, then put the Toffee piece on top, so the white core show like the white foam of the ocean.
- On all of the sunset strips, Lemonade, Ballerina, Smoothly and Tangerine, I didn’t want the white core to show.
- Use Black Cardstock to mat the photos and to create the pull out tabs so that you can journal.
- Make the mats for the 4″x6″ pictures large enough to use flip flaps. You want the black mat to show.
- A special stamp set was provided for the Tahiti trip earners. Use whatever stamp set you have that works. Or cut the palm trees from the Cricut.
Thanks for stopping by. Remember that creating is healthy for your mental health and cheaper than therapy! Enjoy the Tahiti Sunset layout. I hope you can create similar ones for your vacation pictures.