I created this “W-fold card”, inspired by my upline Naomi and her daughter Rachel. There are a few YouTube videos up on it as well. I have a video that I created on my Facebook Page that you can check out:
This was a lot of fun and fairly easy to do.
- Base of the card is 11″x 4.25″. Score/fold at the 5.5″ mark.
- “W-Fold” stripe is 11″ x 1″. Score at the 2 3/4″, 5.5″, and 8 1/4″. The 5.5″ is the mountain fold with the 2 3/4″ and 8 1/4″ folds being the valley folds.
- Cut 3 – 5 1/4″ panels in Sweet Leaf.
- Cut 3 – 5″ x 3 3/4″ panels using the large Rectangle Stitched Thin Cut Dies from the Zoe Paper of your choice.
- Cut a white panel from the medium Rectangle Stitched Thin Cut Dies. This is for the front panel.
- Use Canary, Smoothie, Mint, Sweet Leaf, and Archival Black Ink Pads.
- Stamp butterflies from S1904 Love So Sweet onto Zoe pattern (more colorful the better IMHO). You’ll need 3.
- Stamp flowers from S1904 Love So Sweet: 3 in Canary ink first, then rock the edges around on the Smoothie ink pad to create a two-toned flowers. 1 in Smoothie.
- Fussy-cut the flowers and butterflies out.
- Using the zipstrip of choice, tape it down to the “w-fold” strip.
- Attach panels as shown in pictures. Add the “w-fold” strip to the inside, gluing down the first and last sections of the strip. The two middles ones need to be able to bend so you can get the “w”.
- Stamp “Best Day” in Mint and Sweet Leaf on the white stitched panel and adhere with 3D foam tape to the front of the card.
- Attach one of the butterflies and flower as you see fit.
- On the side, do the same.
- Add some Gold Shimmer Pen and Gold Glitter Gems to finish it off.
Check out the following pictures:
Last 2 days of Amazing April Specials!!
- Bring Back MyPack Zoe!: Zoe is back in a new, slimmed down paper packet! This paper packet features 6 paper sheets and a full 12″ × 12″ sticker sheet, giving you paper and stickers in the same pack! We’ve refreshed a few of the colors to create this updated pack and paired it with a coordinating cardstock pack and stamp set. Save 25% on a workshop kit that includes all of these items.
- You can also get a FREE Zoe packet by signing up as a Close To My Heart Consultant or hosting a qualifying party this month!
- HOME Home Decor Project: This projects uses the monograms to create the word “home”. Decorate as the kit comes or change it up!
- Stamp of the Month: S1904 Love So Sweet!
- Free Project Kit when you purchase the Stamp of the Month for $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase. I have an album of art up in the FB group. – Check it out.
- Celebrate 35 Years – CTMH is celebrating 35 years of being in business. There are new specials popping up so keep your eyes and ears open for when they go live!
- Join My Team. Join CTMH Community in March and receive the Seasonal Mix-in Paper Pack! Check it out.
- Featured Paper Pack (s):Feels Like Home! This dream paper works great for baby, wedding, shower, and Cherry Blossom Fest pictures! I’d add in vintage or family history pictures as well. Check out my FB group to see art made by myself and other talented artists.
- Online Specials: Check out the “Going Soon” and “Clearance” sections of my shopping site often. New goodies are posted up without warning. You can get some awesome deals this way!
- Seasonal Expressions 1 is live and we have 2 DAYS left!
- Exciting news – Everyone ordering will get it free Seasonal Expressions to add to your order! This is exciting news that they will be GIVING everyone the Idea Book FREE. =) That’s a $6.00 value! Thank you CTMH for doing this!!
Thank you so much for stopping by my corner of the internet. I hope you are inspired to create a “w-fold” card make with Zoe and Love So Sweet!