Vellum is a wonderful addition to your cards are scrapbook pages. It lends elegance to pages. Vellum can soften the look of a picture or paper when it’s overlayed. It’s can be stamped, embossed (wet and dry), and colors. Vellum does pose a challenge, in that when you glue it down you can see the glue. Here are two ways, “vellum tricks”, to help you put your volume down without any glue showing.
Hide the glue underneath a piece of cardstock that will be over the top of the vellum. Here you can see how I figured out where the top piece of cardstock will be and then place the glue underneath it on the vellum.
You can see how you can see the glue when you put down this piece of vellum. The goal is to avoid this.
Putting the cardstock over the top completely covers up the glue. Leaves a very finished product.
I just learned this trick myself. Cut the piece of a larger than what you need. Then you can glue the overhanging edges so that another piece of cardstock will lay over the top covering up the glue.
April things to keep in mind:
- Free Layout Kit when you purchase the April SOM S1804 Color Your World for $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase. I have an album of art up in the FB group. – Check it out.
- Fab Four. Join CTMH in April Single items and bundles are available. There are a few dies not on sale. Check it out.
- Fab Fav Friday Sales. Every Friday in April, there will be a 24 hour Flash Sale! Yeah! 25% off select product and bundles. Set an alarm for Friday at 2:00pm EDT (12pm MDT) or an apt on your calendar. The past two sales have been great!!
- The Important Things. This wonderful kit is to help you focus on your important things and document them. Be sure to download the guide and create this lasting keepsake.
- Join My Team: $75 = $354 in April!! How? The kit is worth $212.00 plus receive the upcoming 4 SOMs, value $71.00. Joining my first downline? There are a few other freebies, including a Free Layout Kit, Design Space files, and incentives offered to only my first downline. Contact me to find out. =) Check out this blog post.
- Featured Paper Pack (s): Gimme Some Sugar. Check out my FB group to see art made by myself and other talented artists.
- Seasonal Expressions 1 is coming to an end. Jan-April 2018. This is the last month of this catalog. We are running low on Chelsea Gardens and Make Waves. Some of the embellishments have run out and will be replaced with ones closest to matching. If you have projects planned or love the particular items, now is the time get it before it runs out. Once the supply is exhausted, the product will be retired.
- Happy Mail Club: With online orders over $25.00 of product, you will receive workshop guides (see the FB Group for the album) and more. Check it out.
- Check out CLEARANCE! It rocks right now!!
Thanks for stopping by . For those of you on the road this afternoon with me, I’ll see you soon. Enjoy Mary’s great cards! Have a creative day!