Rest and Relax but don’t miss out!
This layout was inspired by a layout made by my friend Jennifer Smith. You can check her layout here. The file for this does not open but I created my own and will share at the end. Using the Make Waves Workshop Your Way, this is the first of three layouts I’m creating using the CTMH Cricut Cartridges, especially You Are Here.
This is done with the Make Waves Workshop Your Way plus some extra cardstock – Bashful, Pacifica, Charcoal, Vellum, Black, Willow, Emerald, Espresso, Lemon, and Glacier. I used Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to create the splatter effect on the papers. You can make your own mist with our bottles which normally I do when I don’t want it to be shimmery. I’ve run out of the pearl paint we used to sell to make it all shimmery and have yet to find a good replacement for it. Any suggestions?
Here are some close ups of different elements:
Love the layers in here between the all the elements. The clear Shimmer Brush adds some fun to the angel fish. The eyes are done with Black Pearl Paint.
The Make Waves Shimmer trim is just amazing. There are three different shades of the tropical blue-greens you see in the oceans down around Florida. Use a piercing tool to put the crease the palm trees and ink to distress those edges so they show up. Such a simple way to give dimension to the leaves.
Scalloped Shells are made with Bashful and Pixie Cardstock (both on sale right now). Shadowing in them is from the Bashful Shimmer Brush. What I did not have pictures of is the added bling put on after the layouts were photographed. I put the Bashful Pearls on the shells and used several of the glitter gems from the Make Waves Sequins and Gems collection all through the layout. It was the perfect finishing touch.
Design Space File: https://design.cricut.com/#/design/83770608
Note on this. I create my layouts with all the cuts. I don’t cut the square and rectangle pieces because I can cut them more economically with a straight edge cutter. Just hide the pieces you don’t want to cut.
February things to keep in mind so you don’t miss out:
- Free Card Kit when you purchase the February SOM S1802 Sunny Thoughts for $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase. I have an album of art up in the FB group. – Check it out.
- Pretty In Pink. All things pink are on sale this month, 25-30% off. Single items and bundles are available. Check it out.
- Step Right Up. Celebrate the circus with this great stamp set or bundle. With the movie “The Greatest Showman” and the closing of circuses, take a moment to scrap those wonderful memories as we see a chapter close. Outside the intended box…think “Disney”! 😉
- Join My Team in January and get a The Color of the Year Bundle . There are a few other freebies, including this 5-Card Kit, Design Space files, and incentives offered to only my first downline. Contact me to find out. =) Check out this blog post.
- Featured Paper Packs: Making Waves and Whimsy Fundamentals. Check out my FB group to see art made by myself and other talented artists.
- Happy Mail Club: With online orders over $25.00 of product, you will receive workshop guides (see the FB Group for the album) and more. Check it out.
- Check out CLEARANCE! It rocks right now!!
Thanks for stopping by to checkout my creative world. Hope this layout brings back some great memories of you being able to relax on an island vacation! If you need some creative help, I’m here to help you out – email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.