You are Here – Acadia – Design Space File
This is the first of many layouts for this summer’s road trip. I’m using a combination of the new Basic Color Palette (10 new nummy colors that are two toned) and Jack, the featured paper pack of the month. The brown is called Espresso. I did a FB live in my customer group showing the difference between the two sides.
Designing this layout:
I designed the layout in Design Space. The pattern is from our new “Make It From You Heart Vol 3” pattern book which is all scrapbooking layouts. I used Patter 20. I did change some things on the pattern to accommodate my needs – making mats for the 3×4 pictures, putting spaces between the photo wells, and creating a journal block the way I did. Even though I could have the Cricut Explorer cut all the pieces, I do not do this. Cut all the squares/rectangle shapes from my cutter. Here is the file for Design Space:
You will need to purchase the CTMH Cricut Collection “You Are Here” to use the images. This cartridge is a worth while investment because its got 700 images between the fonts and the images. It’s all about traveling and significant events. Learn more about the cartridge here.
The font offers you the option to have the letters all bold and thicker, like the capitol letters on my title, or to have the letters normal. I like this font as it’s clean and easy to read. There are several National Park emblem on this cartridge (now hoping for them to do a cartridge with the rest of the State Parks).
Hashtags are in and this is a good one. Our theme for the summer has been to be outside so this rocks.
You’ll use this image over and over for your pages. We always need to date things. “Vacation Date” looks good and it’s so much nicer then just writing the date somewhere in the journaling or on the page.
Here, you cut the “windy road” sign, in half, and put each side on the respective page to make it look like it’s overlapping. Having overlapping features help the reader’s eyes flow across the page and build continuity.
If you scrap with me at all, you know I love using flip flaps to fit more pictures into the layout and that I try to put one event between two pages no matter what. Using 3″x4″ flip flaps and adding a mat that is 1/2 of an inch bigger, I will build some books on this layout of the pictures.
So where’s Jack in all of this? Jack is the background paper behind the title. This is actually from the Picture My Life cards that are available to cut up from two of the sheets in the paper pack. I used two more Picture My Life cards to create the journal block. The little strip under the Cranberry piece on both pages is called the “zip strip” from the top of the pages. It’s the 1/2 inch you cut off. Once side has the name of the paper and matching colors on it. The backside of all the zip strips on the CTMH papers is usable as you see here. Jack retires on August 31! Not much time left to buy it!
August is an amazing month! Here are the links to all of the great specials:
- S1708 – School Year is a timeless Stamp of the Month for $17.95 or $5.00 with a $50.00 order.
- Warehouse Sale – Every Tuesday, check out the new deals at 50% off. Great bundles!!
- 10+Wonderful Workshop guides, one of which can be yours free with qualifying purchase of $25.00! Check it out! Join my FB Customer Group to see the available workshops.
- Great Cricut Giveaway Event. $50.00 order is one entry into this drawing. Joining my team will get you entries. $3300.00 in prizes until we hit the goal of 39,000 points…read all about it!! We will be doing the next $10o in Hostess Credit giveaway on Sunday, August 27, at 4pm EDT, live on FB in my Group!! We have 6 weeks left to reach the goal – 8970 points to go. If all the orders are from customers to make up these points, the following prizes are available to my customers only: 8-$100 hostess credit shopping sprees, 2 – 50% off items, 1 – Cricut Bundle (excludes the new cartridge) for a total off 11 more possible prizes! 180 more $50.00 orders to go! Woot Woot. My customers are the best!!
- Join My Team and you can chose between any of our Cricut collections, the Thin Cuts Block Alphabet set and the matching stamps, or $99.00 in product credit, for FREE, when you reach $300 in sales by September 30!!! Get Details. It’s $75 to join CTMH. The contents of the Consultant kit are worth $164 AND you get $50.00 of Product Credit to pick out other papers/inks/stamps for a value of $214. Plus there are lots of other great reasons to join – Check it out.
- Jump for Joy. Take a look at how our hostess program works and you’ll be jumping for joy!
- The Seasonal Expressions 2 is live now until August 31, 2017!
- Events – check them out on my calendar.
- Like My FB Pages: Linda Creates and You’ve Got Oils
- Join My Customer Special Peeps Group (Customers only, no consultants please). In this group, you can see the different workshops in albums along with tracking the Great Cricut Giveaway.
Thanks for stopping by my corner of the internet. Love to see what you create with this Acadia Design Space File. Share with me. =) Be sure to not miss out on an entry in the Great Cricut Giveaway, the Stamp of The Month for $5.00, and two Workshops of your choice if your order is over $50.00!!