There are 5 Lucky ways to win with Close to My Heart and Studio J in November. I, for one, have a zillion digital photos so there is no way I’m going to get them all classically scrapped (paper). I know I have plenty of company out there. There are some memories I want to get recorded while the experience is fresh in my mind. Sometimes, I want to make copies of layouts I’ve done and send them to friends or relatives to savor the memories made together or for presents. For certain events, I’m opting to use Studio J. It just makes my life simpler.
The first lucky way to win is the Studio J pricing for November. I’m super excited over $5.00/layout (two 12×12 pages). You can use Studio J in so many ways, there is no reason to not take advantage of this great deal!!
Second, very fifth print order in Studio J will include one FREE accessory retailing $5 or more. But that’s not all! Third, five lucky winners will receive a “golden ticket” redeemable for a brand new D-ring album* loaded with 10 Memory Protectors™ hidden in their Studio J print orders! If luck is not your lot, then you can earn your prize through raw talent. Fourth, those who post photos or JPEGs of their newly printed layouts on Facebook or Instagram, marked with the hashtag #ctmhlucky5, will enter the contest for layouts featuring the best artistry and creativity. Five winners will be chosen from each site, notified after November 30, and will then receive their own D-ring album with 10 Memory Protectors. The luck is abounding—come and get your fill!
1) You can create digital layouts in many ways in Studio J. Studio J is free to create in until you order.
- There are 130 different kits to use. There will be 5 more kits added on November 3, 2014 for a total of 135 kits. Each kit has it’s own embellishments, font, stickers/images which match.
- There are 79 different patterns. The cool thing about our patterns is you can take one pattern and change it all around by swapping which page is first and changing the direction on each of the page – there are over 35 different ways to change up the patterns/pattern. This is over 2765 different combos!
- You can change where the pictures/text boxes are to create more combinations. You can put text boxes over photos to make it look like the photos have the texts on them when they are processed.
- Fonts are interchangeable, making journaling quick, easy, and fun.
- Embellishments include ribbon, metals, stitching, and more.
- Colors in the layouts are changeable.
- Photo Editing within the program.
- Sizing/Cropping can be done either in the Photo Editing or in the photo “wells”.
- Express Kits, which are pre-designed for you so all you have to do is add pictures and do the journaling. There are ones for vacations, a year reviews, babies/kids, sports, and schools. There are two for photo development (more on this later).
How does it work:
a. Upload photos.
b. Choose between our professionally-designed Express Collections or the Custom creation path.
c. Select your collection and layout, or else a kit & pattern combination.
d. Personalize your layout.
e. Purchase custom-printed layouts ready for a cherished album. This purchase includes the 2-12×12 prints (a layout) and the jpegs for the layout – 3 of them for reprinting purposes.
3) You can create your own layouts in other programs, save them as jpgs, and upload them into the “No Limits” pattern to print through Studio J.
4) You can print your pictures through Studio J. You have a few options for doing this. You can use the two Express collections for this or you can use the “No Limits” pattern to create your own photo well, sized the way you want. You are not limited to 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, or 12×12. You can create a photo well that is 5×5 or 6×5. You can take the Studio J layout jpg that you get when you order and use it to make smaller albums! Take the “No Limits” layout and make your photo wells – 6×6, 8×8, 9×9 – whatever you want! You can go as small as a 1×1. 3×4 and 2×3 are popular. Think of the number of wallet prints you can get out of one 12×12 page (18)! For $5.00! Plan for school pictures – buy the digital image and print those wallets pictures for all the friends and family!
How does the pricing compare to the local places to print or your home computer?
First thing to consider is Studio J layouts are processed, not printed, using a silver-halide process considered the highest standard in the photo developing industry. Unlike printed papers or images you might print from a home photo printer, the silver-halide process yields “100-year+ quality” that has long been tested and used by the top photo labs in the world. We use the same papers and equipment used by leading labs to produce long-lasting photo prints, so you know your layout will be reproduced with high fidelity and will last throughout the years. The quality of processing will exceed what you can do at home or through your local stores.
Why is this important? Consider the point of scrapbooking. We do it to record the stories around the photos. Most of the people I know do incredible work in their layouts. The most important part of the layout is the pictures, thus having top quality pictures is important. This picture shows you some simple ways to get different sized pictures:
While you may not come out ahead of the game for printing 4×6 photos through Studio J for cost when you use a local store, you will for the quality. To print a 4×6 image through a professional lab, they run around $4.00/image. I realize you can get your 4×6 photos printed at Costco, Target, or Walgreens for about $0.20/image. I ask you to consider the differences between a professional labs and stores. Just for some quick references, I did a price comparison on a professional lab, Costco, and Walgreens vs Studio J
Professional Lab (one professional photographers use)
- wallets (2×3) – 4 of them for $6.00
- 4×6 – $4.00 ea
- 5×7 – $8.00 ea
- 8×10 – $12.00 ea
- 11×14 – $20.00
- wallets – $0.39 ea
- 4×6 – $0.13 ea
- 5×7 – $0.39 ea
- 8×10 – $1.49
- 11×14 – $2.99
- wallets (4) – $1.00
- 4×6 – $0.20 ea
- 5×7 – $2.49 ea
- 8×10 – $4.00
- 12×18 – $12.99
- wallets (48) – $7.00/$0.15 ea – ($5.00 in Nov)
- 4×6 (12) – $7.00/$0.58 ea ($5.00 in Nov)
- 5×7 (6) – $7.00/$1.16 ea ($5.00 in Nov)*
- 8×8; 8×10; 10×12; 12×12 (2) – $7.00/$3.50 ea ($5.00 in Nov)*
- * with the odd sized photos, you can put in other sizes around them and still pay the same price. For example, on the 5×7 – you can fit 3 on each 12×12 page plus have another 5×5 photo; On an 8×10, you have one side where there is 4″ lefts – you can put 4 – 3×4 photos along the top and on the 2″ side, you can put 2- 3×2 photos and one 2×2 photo for the same price ($7.00)
Looks something like this when you are doing different sizes:
In summary, for some of the photo sizes, you come out ahead both on cost and quality; On some, you come out ahead on the quality only. However, with the ability to manipulate the photo areas and how they are printed, you are able to fit other sizes in on those 12×12 sheets, a definite bonus for you.
5) I do FREE classes! I can do them individually or in groups. I have several classes from the basics to more advanced techniques!!
Try it out and find out why I’m so excited for November! Studio J just makes life simpler, faster, and easier. Here are the true five reason to use Studio J:
- Real Life +
- Real Photos +
- Real Memories +
- Real Time + Studio J =
- Real ScrapbooksUsing Studio J in November just adds a lot more fun and possible winnings!!
Have a creatively blessed day!